91 million working days are lost annually in the UK due to mental health issues, costing £30 billion per year.
The COVID pandemic has resulted in mental health support and employee wellbeing becoming more of a priority than ever before. With more and more people suffering from isolation and anxiety caused by lockdown, employers have a duty of care to up the ante when it comes to their support.
More people are working remotely, so they may feel the affects of a lack of support. misread messages, wrongly interpreted emails and bad feedback that much more. These are all issues that can lead to anxiety and work-related stress. But as an employer or line manager, you may not know how to tackle these issues.
That’s where we can help you…
EML has an accredited Mental Health First Aider who is available to support you in developing a workplace culture that holds the health and wellbeing of the workforce in high regard.
If you don’t have the experience to implement tools to monitor and prevent mental health issues, we can help you using several methods including:
- The delivery of tailored, company-specific coaching to line managers focused on implementing positive mental health initiatives.
- The provision of a “mental health toolkit”.
- Design and roll-out of bespoke documentation to assist with the support and management of mental health within the organisation.
- Working with you to develop a culture that removes the stigma surrounding mental health and encourages open conversation in this regard.
- Step-by-step guidance for management to support employees absent from work due to mental health conditions and help them return to work.
For further guidance, you can download our factsheet on Mental Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace. Our previous article, which covers the things employers can do to address mental health issues at work, may also be useful.
If you’re an employer faced with issues relating to mental health, please get in touch to find out more about our Mental Health First Aider service.