Outplacement can help employees affected by redundancy to confidently navigate into the job market and can also support employees making the transition from employment to retirement.
Some employees might see redundancy as an opportunity to take their career in a new direction. Others may simply feel anxious by the prospect of finding a new job, particularly if they have been employed by the same organisation for many years.
With an ageing workforce there is now an increased need for employers to be more mindful in relation to discussions around retirement. Those approaching retirement may require assistance exploring financial considerations or possible entrepreneurial opportunities.
Our high-quality outplacement services will deliver positive results to your organisation and affected employees. Benefits include:
- Improve Reputation – Outplacement assistance sends the message that an employer cares about its people. Employees may lessen negative feedback when redundancies arise and organisations that are viewed favourably by the public typically have an improved chance of recruiting better talent in the future.
- Mitigate Risk – Redundancy is always a difficult time and employees commonly feel angry and / or frustrated. However, if outplacement is offered by the employer, it will help reduce any bad feeling and ultimately the chances of a corresponding employment tribunal claim.
- Reduces Survivor Syndrome – Offering career assistance services may help ease any guilt, job insecurity, fear and anger felt by employees who were not involved in or survived the redundancy process.
- Flexibility – Outplacement can be designed to work within any budget of any business, providing a flexible, bespoke service.
- Effective Change Management – An important part of outplacement is communication and outplacement will help facilitate the acceptance of change, enabling a smoother transition.
- Employee Engagement – Offering career transition services t to staff will demonstrate that the employer has supported affected employees, which will help maintain productivity and engagement of those who remain.
- Added Investment – Outplacement might seem like an unnecessary expense at a time when it can least be afforded. However, as a financial incentive to employers, services that meet certain conditions are exempt from income tax.
- EML’s Outplacement Programme – Our dedicated Outplacement expert Jo Mills is available to support and guide outgoing employees through the redundancy or retirement process. She can deliver high-quality, bespoke Outplacement support to support this transition which in turn will deliver positive results to your organisation and affected employees. The services are delivered via a series of face-to-face interactive group workshops which are suitable for individuals at all levels, from manual staff through to senior managers and directors.
- Evaluate and review skills and experience
- CV writing and updating
- Job search support and guidance
- Social media training and optimisation of profiles
- Career planning and assistance with job applications
- Interview coaching and preparation
- Pre-retirement preparation.
Legal Services | Outplacement Solution| Face To Face| Outplacement Benefits| Effective Outplacement| Outplacement Support| Group Workshops| Expert Advice| Career Coaching| Career Transition Services| Brand Reputation